Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bodacious Bar-B-Q (Henderson)


HENDERSON: Bodacious Bar-B-Q
1005 U.S. 79

Henderson, TX 75652

903-657-9999

Open M-Sat 10-9, Sun 11-8


About an hour earlier, I was at the Tyler location of Bodacious Bar-B-Q. They kept me from my daily brisket, so as I was driving through Henderson, Texas, I decided to stop at the Bodacious along Highway 79 to get a brisket sandwich and see if this was the holy grail of Bodacious. After a bite of the brisket, I realized I should've gotten a combo plate (which was $4 cheaper than the Tyler location), but our destination for the day was still far off, and we had a party to get to.



As the photo shows, this was some good looking brisket. A thick black crust enveloping a deep beautiful smokering was making my mouth water. While all the fat had been unfortunately trimmed away, the slices were very moist with a nice texture. A robust flavor from the rub really rounded out the flavor. All told, this was some very good brisket. I wish I'd tried the ribs. This may just be the holy grail of Bodacious, and I'll verify on my next trip that way.

Rating ***
Bodacious Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Quit searching at Bodacious - you'll never find it. Try ShackDaddy's Bar-B-Que at 2718 Gilmer Road, Longview, 75604. Vastly superior!

Anonymous said...

ShackDaddy's was terrible the time I went.

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to bet "Ben" owns shackdaddy's.

Sarah said...

Dont think you were at ShackDaddys because the food I had there was AWESOME! Best ribs I have ever had.

Anonymous said...

ShackDaddy's closed. A good burger joint called Big O Burger opened in its location, and it has since closed down, too.

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT